We passionately believe that:
- Climate change is the most important issue of our time and one that cannot be deferred to the next generation.
- Energy efficiency and smarter use of our energy grid are the lowest hanging fruits for mitigating our environmental impact, increasing our country’s energy independence and decreasing our energy spending.
Aquanta Inc. develops innovative products and technologies that address these issues, with specific focus on the energy usage, inefficiencies and grid integration opportunities inherent in our water heating and plumbing systems. The company was founded as Sunnovations to develop and commercialize a revolutionary approach to solar water heating. Our Aquanta system leverages technology that we developed for our leading Ohm solar hot water monitoring system.
- Matt CarlsonCEO
Matt has served on the Board of the Peak Load Management Alliance since 2018. He was founding CEO of Pangea, a telecommunications firm that built and operated a 7,000km fiber-optic network in northern Europe. Prior to Aquanta, he led business development at a division of management consulting firm CEB. Matt received his BA from Duke University and his MBA from Georgetown University, and was a Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award (SW Connecticut/NY Hudson Valley Region) in 2001.
- Arnoud van HoutenPresident & CTO
Arnoud van HoutenPresident & CTO
Arnoud founded the company in 2008 and leads product development. Previously he was founder and CEO of mAdch Innovations, and has also served in key positions at leading firms including Openwave, Agere, Vodafone and IBM. Arnoud graduated from the Technical University, Enschede (Netherlands) with a BS in Computer Science.
- Rich AndrewsVP Software Development
Rich AndrewsVP Software Development
Rich brings to the table over twenty five years of technical development leadership experience in early stage tech companies, including Nextility and GridPoint. He specializes in software development that involves IoT and Smart Grid applications, and is passionate about process and team development. When not working on leading edge technology, Rich finds time to gig as a rock bass player.
- Danielle NavenVP Business Operations
- Aquanta and Saint John Energy Partner to Bring Smart Water Heater Control to SJE Customers
- Aquanta Signs Master Services Agreement with Great River Energy
- Aquanta Named Winner in Lighting & Homes for Tomorrow Competition
- Aquanta Now Compatible With Alexa and Will Support New Alexa Features
- Moderne Ventures Announces 2019 Midyear Passport Class
- Aquanta Partners With ICF on Innovative Home Energy Optimization Programs for Two Leading California Utilities
- Aquanta Introduces Utility Time of Use Rate Automated Scheduler
- Green Mountain Power Launches Smart Water Heater Program to Help Customers Save Money
- Aquanta Uses Ayla Networks' IoT Technology to Turn Nearly Any Water Heater Into an Intelligent Appliance
- Aquanta: A “Learning” Water Heater Controller That Enables Remote & Convenient Control
- Stacey on IoT - How to Add Smarts to a Hot Water Heater
- Canary Media - Home Water Heaters: A New Ally in Making Grids Cleaner
- Green Builder - Editor’s Product Find: The Aquanta Retrofit Water Heater Control
- Undecided - Best Smart Home Tech 2020 for Safety, Security, and Health
- TechHive – Aquanta water heater controller review: A smart solution for your home’s biggest energy waster
- Greentech Media - New Programs Put California’s Pay-for-Performance Efficiency Paradigm to the Test
- Greentech Media - GMP's Latest Distributed Energy Play: Smart Water Heaters for 99 Cents a Month
- CNET – Aquanta Will Help Your Water Heater Learn Your Habits
- TreeHugger – The Aquanta Smart Water-Heater Controller Is Not a Dumb Idea For Saving Energy
- Digital Trends – The Aquanta Turns Your Dumb Water Heater Smart to Save Energy, H2O, and Money