What If Water Heaters Were Smart?
An Untapped Opportunity: Imagine 100M+ Smart Water Heaters
Residential consumers in the United States spend $32B annually on water heating energy, the 2nd largest load in the home. Of that, 20-50% of energy input is wasted via standby loss, and more from too-high setpoints.
Smart water heaters represent a major utility Demand Side Management resource that is largely overlooked. Rocky Mountain Institute estimates that smart residential load management can reduce grid costs by $13B a year across the US, with water heating DSM representing a substantial portion ($2-5B/year) of that value.
Are you a utility program manager, an energy efficiency professional, property manager or other commercial partner? Contact us to learn more about our Fleet Solutions and Analytic capabilities.
The Aquanta Difference
Networked, Smart Home Enabled
- 2-way communications with remote software update capability
- Cloud-cloud data exchange via APIs
Unique Analytic Capabilities
- Proprietary “Enthalpy Sensor” discerns local and fleet usage patterns that enable powerful data analysis and control functions
Electric and Gas Water Heater Versions
- Retrofittable to 60-85% of water heater installed base
- Less than 60 minute install
Utility Value Proposition
Meet EE Mandates
- Device auto-control and manual scheduling settings
- Identify related saving opportunities
- Peer comparisons for behavioral management
Demand Side Management Capability
- Peak shave, load shift and DG load balancing
- Enable Time of Use and other variable pricing
- Leverage water heater thermal storage potential
Real-Time and Predictive Analytics
- Increase value of water heaters as dispatchable resource
- Correlate water heating load with grid needs